The GOSPEL TRUTH
To Increase your Understanding of the Truth
FINNEY 101 Discipleship Study Questions
THE CHALLENGE OF LOVE
1. Men are bound to ______________ their neighbors for sin, or they become _____________________or accessories to their sin.
2. If a man loves the universe and is motivated by love, he knows that ______________________is ____________________ with the ___________________________________ of the universe.
3. __________ for the particular people with whom you are ______________________should lead you to reprove sin.
4. Love for your ____________________________________________ demands it.
5. Love for the ________________ prompts us to _______________________ of the ____________________of his actions.
6. If you see your neighbor sin and ________________________ to reprove him, it is just as ______________as if you saw his house on fire, and ________________ by _______________ warning him.
7. Seeing rebellion and not _________________ a ____________________to oppose it is itself ________________________.
8. If you see a man about to __________ his neighbor and do____________ prevent it, you ______________and are an accessory.
9. Silence is _______________. Sinners do regard it as ______________________ for what they do.
10. No man keeps the ____________ of ______________ or keeps his __________________ clearwho sees sin and does not reprove it.
11. When God says "thou shalt in any wise ______________________ thy neighbor,"He means there is _______________________________.
12. This command is addressed to all men who ______________________________.
13. Some ____________________ to this rule are:
A. "Reprove not a _________________"B. Some men are in such a "swinish" state of _________ that to talk to them about the Lordwould be at once ____________ and _______________. Leave such men _____________
C. Leave alone those full of _____________ and __________________,satisfied with their own _______________ and _____________..
They cannot be _____________________ by any ________________________.
14. When reproving your neighbor, claim no right of ____________________ over him, but reprovehim in the __________ of the _____________________, and for the _______________________ of God.
15. When will the sinner invariably rise against you and resist? _______________________________________
16. __________________________ should enter deeply in the __________________ of administering reproof.
17. The ___________________ of the parties and their _____________________________ must be considered.
18. Remember, the _________________________ of the parties DO NOT take away the obligation of this duty.
19. If the individual is ________________________, reproof should be in the form of _______________________________________ rather than of severe ____________________________.
20. Do you reprove a first offender different in manner than a habitual transgressor? ______________________
21. ___________ show displeasure at the transgressor that he can possibly turn into ______________ at himself.Only show your strong displeasure at what he _____________________________________________.
22. Always have so much of the _________________________ with you that when you reprove a man for sin,he ___________________________ it comes from _________________________________.
23. Should one reprove a stranger? _____________ In the same way as a familiar acquaintance? _____________
24. Don't _________________ people's __________________, go and ________________________ them.
25. Leaving men ____________ shows they have a _______________ greater _________________ than of God.
26. Many refuse to run the risk of being called _________________ or of ______________________________.
27. If Christians were not such __________________, absolutely ______________________to the plain _________________ of God, one thing is certain -- either they would be ___________________
in the ______________ as _________________ because men could not bear the _____________________
of _______________, or men would be _________________.
Return to Finney 101 Sermon Index